Tuesday, July 14, 2009

And so we begin.

Greetings!

This is a blog. I have never blogged for many people to read before, but I figure if I'm going off to explore the vast culture of South America and then Spain, perhaps it would be a nice idea to clue people in on the trouble I get into and the wonderful things I might see.

I don't leave for a few weeks, but this shall exist as a place for me to organize my thoughts, sanity, lists of what I need to get, etc. It will probably also diverge into my general thoughts as of late, on things from Galesburg to summer to feminism, since I spend lots of time before falling asleep reading blogs like Female Impersonator or Feministing.

Once I am in foreign countries, this blog will likely be infinitely more fascinating.

I intend this blog to be read by anyone who is interested, but I assume it'll end up being mostly people I know. For those of you who don't know me, though, here's some information:

1. My name is Annie.
2. I am 20 years old and attending the wonderful Knox College in Galesburg, Illinois.
3. I study Creative Writing and Spanish and am also an editor of the school newspaper, The Knox Student.
4. I am living this summer in Galesburg, Illinois, trying to make a little money for when I go abroad. Learning that money is problematic in more ways than one. As this is the first time really living on my own, I think that's what I should be learning. Wouldn't change it.

Oh, for those who don't know- I will be spending one term in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and one in Barcelona, Spain.

Adios for now, amigos!
-Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment